EGW is excited to be one of the few to offer a machined from solid steel thumb safety. We saw a need for a cleaner, more solid design as a result of consistent failures of inferior cast and MIM thumb safeties currently on the market. The only way to keep the safeties as straight as possible is to heat treat the steel and then machine it in the hardened condition. The thumb safety is serrated for better gripping capability. Finish: Stainless Steel
Both paddles are machined from solid blocks of heat treated steel.
• We include 2 special hammer pins for frames that measure .750 to .765 wide.
• The hammer pin is also the down stop for the right paddle.
• Using our swiss screw machines, we manufacture the hammer pins, shortened flat headed .110 s• ear pin, and our Patent Pending sleeve. The parts are all heat treated.
• The ambi joint is machined and flat. Not tapered which tends to work out and loosen over time.
• The sleeve joins each side inside the frame tangs. The grip safety rides on the round sleeve and is not influenced when operating the safety.
• The sleeve prevents the safety from expanding where the sides join.
• The sleeve functionally makes each side longer for more secure operation and less flex.
• On the safety lug that contacts the frame on the left hand side, we machine a radius down stop instead of a pointed contact found on many safeties
• The t-slot on the right hand side prevents the safety from walking out.
• No need to relieve your right hand grips for the safety.
This thumb safety requires fitting by a qualified gunsmith for proper function in your pistol as it is not a drop in part.